Reformer Instructor Courses
STOTT PILATES Reformer courses—Level 1 and Level 2—build upon the foundation of Mat courses and add a new dimension to your Pilates instructor skill set.
Reformer Level 1: Intensive Reformer (IR)
Building on your Mat courses knowledge, IR will teach you to design and lead the Level 1 Essential and Intermediate STOTT PILATES Reformer repertoire in personal or group training settings for a range of clients. You will leave with a solid foundation and required skills to develop effective and motivating Pilates Reformer programs. Note: Functional Anatomy is a prerequisite. While IR may be taken prior to IMP, we recommend first completing IMP.
You will learn:
- The STOTT PILATES Five Basic Principles
- Essential, Intermediate, Power workouts
- Effective use of the Reformer to enhance torso stability and strength, peripheral extremity conditioning, joint stability, flexibility, balance and coordination
- Effective observation and communication skills
- Verbal cueing and gestural cuing for client instruction and motivation
- Theory and practice of postural analysis
- 139 exercises—plus modifications—for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- How to incorporate resistance equipment to support and intensify exercises
- Exercise layering related to effective program design
- Workout composition for personal and group training
- Working knowledge of functional anatomy
- 30 hours of prior Pilates private and group sessions
Reformer Level 1 Course Details
Reformer Level 1 is a combination of course hours and independent study for a total of 125 hours. We’re happy to explain more thoroughly when you call.
- 50 hours of instruction and supervised teaching
- Minimum of 10 hours of observation
- Minimum of 40 hours of physical review
- Minimum of 25 hours of practice teaching
- Total: 125 hours
Reformer Level 2: Advanced Reformer (AR)
AR curriculum was designed to teach you how to intensify the Reformer repertoire to provide a stimulating workout for athletes, dancers and highly conditioned clients.
This three-day, 18-hour advanced course’s exercises require greater strength, stability and flexibility.
What you will learn:
- Muscular initiation and sequencing of Advanced-level exercises
- Multiple variations for variety and intensity
- 70 exercises to challenge strong and athletic clients